ISPI SoCal Presents an Applied Skills Workshop
Building Your First Chatbot
with Margie Meacham
NEW DATE: Saturday, December 4,-11 a.m. PST
- Design for how the human brain responds to a chatbot
- Build a functioning chatbot (hands-on)
- Test, improve, enhance the chatbot
- Integrate the chatbot into the larger context, including an LMS
A detailed description and registration information follow. Seating is limited. All registrants will receive Margie's book Talent Development: Capitalize on the AI Revolution to Transform the Way You Work, Learn, and Live.
“You are in the presence of royalty. What do you wish to know?” With those words, a new kind of eLearning course begins – and you just built it.
There are many tools for building eLearning, but our classic interactions can seem a bit stale to the modern learner in the era of YouTube and Tik Tok. In this hands-on virtual workshop, you will build an eLearning course that prompts, challenges, and supports the learner through a conversational chatbot, using free software and the planning tools provided in the workshop.
You will learn the basics of easy-to-use software that allows you to create eLearning with personality, with no coding required. You will come away with a functioning bot that:
- Presents a consistent “personality” to increase engagement and retention
- Responds to learner questions to create a learner-centric path through the content
- Challenges the learner with a combination of fact-based and reflective questions to deepen the learner experience
- Recommends additional resources
- Integrates with your LMS to provide meaningful data on learner and bot behavior
In this session, you will learn:
- How the human brain responds to a chatbot
- How to plan an educational conversation with a bot
- How to test and improve the logical flow of the chatbot
- How to enhance chatbot replies with existing assets
- How to integrate your course into an LMS to track user behavior, completion, and success rates
Throughout the online workshop, you will follow a step-by-step process to build a functioning course using the content and assets provided, using the files and workflow provided. The files are yours to keep after the workshop, so you’ll be able to use it as a template for future development on any sort of subject.
Special bonus: Included with your workshop is a signed copy of AI in Talent Development: Capitalize on the AI Revolution to Transform the Way You Work, Learn, and Live, by today's author and speaker, Margie Meacham.
Duration: 1.5-2 hours, depending on Q&A, on Saturday, Oct. 23 (date changed from original)
Where: Virtual via Zoom
Cost: $49 for members, $99 for non-members (membership is $20 for 6 months, $40 for a year)
Seating is limited, so register soon. If the session fills, we will create a wait list and schedule an additional date with Margie.
Participant technology requirements: A laptop or computer with Internet access
About the Speaker
Margie Meacham works at the intersection of neuroscience and artificial intelligence. Margie is the Chief Freedom Officer of Learningtogo and a recognized leader in the application of neuroscience and artificial intelligence to enhance learning and performance. She is a recipient of the 100 Most Innovative in Learning award and a frequent keynote speaker at industry conferences. She is a founding member of The Brain Ladies, a consortium of leading experts in applied cognitive science.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/margiemeacham/
AI in Talent Development is available now on Amazon.
To follow Margie on Twitter: @margiemeacham
#improvement #learning #performance #AI #neuroscience #instructionalDesign #ISPI #ISPISoCal